Access to communication is a bespoke Speech and Language Therapy service, that supports individuals who have communication and interaction difficulties to develop functional communication and interaction skills.
We are highly passionate about enabling everyone to have a means of communication. We work with individuals and their support networks to develop new and improve existing communication and interaction skills and to develop new skills, with the goal of enabling the individual to have greater communication independence.
As a service we have specialist skills in the assessment and implementation of Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) systems to develop an individual’s functional communication and interaction skills to support or provide an alternative to verbal communication where required. Although specialist in this area, as a service we are also able to provide speech and language assessments covering a range of needs.
Our ethos is to place the individual at the centre of our work and establish realistic aims for therapeutic intervention with an individual and their support network. We build a therapeutic package of care around and individual, their needs and work to achieve their goals.
We have extensive experience in working with both children and adults with a range of complex communication needs and individuals with learning disability.
Online Therapy services via video call
- £150 for up to 1.5 hour video call
- Full review of prior records before assessment
- Detailed report following assessment
Online Therapy Sessions
- £80 per hour
- 7 day email follow-up support per session
- Carryover summary therapy activity plan
Online Parent/Carer/Teacher Training Sessions
Fees and Packages discussed on needs led basis
Bespoke training packages to discuss individuals communication needs and advice on implementation of therapy and therapy strategies.
Additional Report writing time where full Comprehensive Report Required
- £70 per hour
- For assessments requiring a detailed report to support processes such as evidencing an EHCP, additional report writing time will be added to the initial assessment costs.
- A cap of 3 hours will be placed on report writing depending on the complexity of the case. The predicted report writing time will be discussed with you prior to commencing the report.